PATRIOT GOLF DAY CHALLENGE
It is that time of year again, Patriot Golf Day Challenge is around the corner and this year we are going even bigger! The FOH Foundation donates educational scholarships for children of lost or injured members of our Armed Forces. These scholarships range from elementary school through college. Celebrating its 10th Anniversary, they have proudly provided 10,000 scholarships and are growing with their increased donations from PGA members throughout the country. To learn more about the Folds of Honor Foundation, visit their page https://www.foldsofhonor.org/ or stop in the Golf Shop and I can give you more information.
Two years ago, a group of local PGA Professionals (Jeff & Mike included) joined together to form the “Myrtle Beach PGA Patriots” in an effort to pool our donations. In our first year, 2014, we hosted a “100 Holes of Golf Challenge” here at Rivers Edge which raised $16,000. Last year we attempted 200 holes and raised just over $32,000. We are proud to let all know that we were ranked in the Top 100 for donations nationwide. This is a distinction that we are very proud of and we thank each one of you that have donated as you have been the biggest piece of our success.
Our 2016 Patriot Golf Day Challenge
We are going to include you, our “Wingmen”, to join in the fun. This Labor Day weekend (Sep 2 through 4) we are going to host a weekend of celebration and fundraising for our country’s bravest families. If you register to play in the Scramble you are invited to join us for our GALA event on Day one. All tournament payments must be made in person.
- Day One (Sep 2nd) – GALA Event at Crow Creek Golf Club
- Includes: Dinner sponsored by Sticky Fingers, Drinks, Guest Speakers, Q&A with the “Myrtle Beach PGA Patriots”, Raffle and Video Specials.
- Start Time: 6pm (Approx)
- Day Two (Sep 3rd) – Patriot Golf SCRAMBLE at Pearl Golf Links
- 9am Shotgun. 8am Registration/Breakfast
- Includes: Golf, prizes, “Beat the Patriot”, raffle, post round appetizers, golf specials for Rivers Edge for Day 3.
- Day Three (Sep 4th) – 100 Hole Golf Challenge at Rivers Edge Golf Club
- The “Myrtle Beach PGA Patriots” will play 100 holes in one day for the Folds of Honor Foundation.
- Send off at 6:15 with the Color Guard raising the colors
- Donations can be made for your favorite Pro and for birdies made during the 100 holes
- Post-Round Celebration at Rivers Edge Grille. Welcome the Patriots in for the final holes and enjoy Happy-Hour pricing and appetizer specials at the club.
- We will have “DJ Master Pete” here for the fun so bring your dancing shoes!
- Cost: $100 (includes GALA and Golf Tournament) for the weekend events
- All proceeds will be part of our group donation.
Tournament checks can be made out to “Myrtle Beach PGA Patriots“ and dropped off in person to the golf shop.
If you are interested in donating without playing in the event, please visit our website http://patriotgolfdaychallenge.com/ and be sure to select your Pro to support. Those that are planning to play, you can make additional donations on the website as well. With your help, we can reach our goal of $60,000!
You can like us on Facebook to see more videos and updates “Patriot Golf Day Challenge 100 Holes of Golf For Folds of Honor Foundation”.