Well it appears mother nature has received the memo and is beginning to cooperate with more favorable temperatures, let the GROWING BEGIN!! It is no secret our region has experienced a very challenging and inconsistent forecast for the this time of year, even the TURF is confused! With the majority of March running 10-15 degrees below average it has put golf courses well behind schedule in turf conditions; to understand more about turf conditions and spring transition click here and we will take you to our post on this topic.
On the bright side Rivers Edge is one of the better conditioned golf courses in our market. This hasn’t come easily as our superintendent and his crew have been working diligently on the golf course through our winter months. For those of you keeping up with our story “Breathing New Life into the Edge” we are pleased to announce ALL RENOVATIONS are complete! At this time we have completed all projects scheduled and are in clean up mode along with some cosmetic enhancements still to take place. What has been done, you ask?
Bunker Renovation – Phase 1 – Started 1.18.18—Project 90% Complete!
- Remove Bunker past marsh on right side hole #1 COMPLETED
- Native plant material by marsh to be planted-In progress
- Bunker will be shaped and sodded-In progress
- Remove Bunker right side of hole #6 after water hazard COMPLETED
- Remove Bunker short left of green hole#12 COMPLETED
- Bunker right side green #15 COMPLETED
- Reshape bunker, add sod and smaller COMPLETED
- Remove Bunker short left green hole#16 with sod COMPLETED
- Bunker along right side of green hole#16 COMPLETED
- Sod first area up to wash out-In progress
- Bunker will start and end about 20 yards-In progress
- Bunker short left hole#18 removed COMPLETED
Bulkhead Repairs – Started 1.24.18 COMPLETED
- Anticipated complete date = 3 weeks COMPLETED
- One week in fairway COMPLETED
- Two weeks greenside COMPLETED
- Temporary green located middle of fairway before marsh COMPLETED
- Yardages and signage will be on tees COMPLETED
- Repairing 60 feet in fairway and 80 feet around green COMPLETED
Tree Removal – Started 1.29.18 – Stump Grinding in Progress
- Hole #1 = 16 COMPLETED Hole#10 = 3 COMPLETED
- Hole #2 = 15 COMPLETED Hole#11 = 0 COMPLETED
- Hole#3 = 12 COMPLETED Hole#12 = 0 COMPLETED
- Hole#4 = 26COMPLETED Hole#13 = 14 COMPLETED
- Hole#5 = 2 COMPLETED Hole#14 = 15 COMPLETED
- Hole#6 = 16 COMPLETED Hole#15 = 5 COMPLETED
- Hole#7 = 18 COMPLETED Hole#16 = 12 COMPLETED
- Hole#8 = 6 COMPLETED Hole#17 = 15 COMPLETED
- Hole#9 = 7 COMPLETED Hole#18 = 8 COMPLETED
Repair cart path hole#12 – hole#13 – In Progress
ALL AREAS NOTED ABOVE WILL BE TREATED AS GUR DURING PLAY
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Rule: 25-1 Abnormal Ground Conditions
Through the Green: If the ball lies through the green, the player must lift the ball and drop it, without penalty, within one club-length of and not nearer the hole than the nearest point of relief. The nearest point of relief must not be in a hazard or on a putting green. When the ball is dropped within one club-length of the nearest point of relief, the ball must first strike a part of the course at a spot that avoids interference by the condition and is not in a hazard and not on a putting green.
If you have the opportunity to play Rivers Edge in the coming months we want to ENSURE our customers, your experience will not be compromised!! The extent of what we have remaining to clean up and enhance is all off to the sides of the playing grounds, it does not impact the nuts and bolts of the golf course; teeing ground, fairways and putting greens. As we begin to sod areas and clean up we do ask our customers to treat all areas as Ground Under Repair (see above for USGA Rule).
As we progress and temperatures begin to rise we will start to see the payoff of the projects completed. At this time we just need mother nature to cooperate and temperatures to continue to rise. As this process happens so will the recovery and overall health of our turf.
Our team is ready to serve you and appreciates your business. We look forward to seeing you at the Edge real soon!