ONE HANDED WINE PUTTING CONTEST
On May 27th Rivers Edge Golf Club held its annual One Handed Wine Putting Contest. The object of the event is to putt one handed while holding a glass of wine in the other hand. To make it even more challenging our OHWPC committee assembled a tricked up putting course that not only challenges the most advanced player but provides all skill levels with equal enjoyment.
It is one of the most popular events held at Rivers Edge and the participation is proof alone. On a day when temperatures reached triple digits the contest had nine total teams with just shy of 80 participants. The event originally had over 100 players registered and not even mother nature with all her might could stop them!
The Rules Are Simple:
- One handed putting only.
- Some teams will have 8 players vs. 9. If that’s the case, rotate taking turns for the extra putt.
- Each player gets one putt, PER HOLE, put their score next to their name and total each hole at the bottom of the column.
- Hole #9, is Opposite Hand Putting. You must use the putters that are located at the hole.
- On the crime scene hole, if your ball stays in the body, you must deduct from your score (negative number).
- If there is a tie, then the teams will have a play off on a hole chosen by the committee.
- HAVE FUN!
The Winners of your 2019 One Handed Wine Putting Contest are;
From Left to Right: BJ Hale, Georgia Folkins, Maralee Martin, Jim Baumgarten, Bob Grundy, Maria Bense and Jack Barrett
Don’t forget to put this event on your calendar and join us next year!